Import requirement of herbal ingredient (tobacco ( Cigarette) ingredient (Blue Lotus and Damiana)
Blue Lotus and Damiana are herbal ingredients. So, it is under management of Ministry of Health. Trading the herbal ingredient is regulated in Circular no. 03/2016/TT-BYT. Origin of product is plant. So, as Circular .30/2014/TT-BNNPTNT, it must implement plant quarantine.
1. According to appendix III, List of exported and imported goods under permit and conditions in the Decree No. 69/2018 / ND-CP in May 15, 2018, the products shall be in case of no.3 and 9.
According to Letter no.189/YDCT-QLD of Agency of Administration of Traditional Medicine article 5 of circular no.03/2016/TT-BYT, it specified the necessary document and condition for importing medicine.
The following are as below:
– Certificate of Eligibility for Drug Business ( Importer)
– Good Storage Practice (GSP) ( Importer) .
– License to import herbal ingredients
– Certificate of Origin (C/O) of the herbal ingredients (Exporting country).
-Test result notice (enclosed with an English or Vietnamese translation) of the manufacturer which implements GMP.
2. Plant quarantine
‘- It is food under Appendix 03 of circular no. 24/2017/TT-BNNPTNT: List of HS codes for regulated articles subject to plant quarantine in Vietnam.
Procedure of plant quarantine for import and export and post-import specified at article 6 and article 7 of Circular. 33/2014/TT-BNNPTNT dated 30 Oct 2014 and amendment circular no.30/2017/TT-BNNPTNT dated 29 Dec 2017. http://vietnamthings.com/2019/03/18/procedures-of-quarantine-of-imported-plants/
3.Other document as regulated in clause 5,6, 7 at article 1 of circular no. 39/2018/TT-BTC and article 18 of circular no.38/2015/TT-BTC. http://vietnamthings.com/2019/03/12/latest-vietnam-customs-document-during-customs-procedure/