The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development promulgates the list of plant quarantine articles; the list of plant quarantine articles subject to the pest risk analysis before being imported into Vietnam in circular no.30/2014/TT-BNNPTNTT,
Procedure of plant quarantine for import and export specified at article 6 and article 7 of Circular. 33/2014/TT-BNNPTNT dated 30 Oct 2014 and amendment circular no.30/2017/TT-BNNPTNT dated 29 Dec 2017.
Quarantine of imported plants
Article 6 and 7 of Circular . 33/2014/TT-BNNPTNT:
Article 6. Application for quarantine of imported plants
1. An application form for plant quarantine. made according to the form in Appendix I to Circular No. 33/2014 / TT-BNNPTNT or the plant quarantine registration certificate and food safety inspection, for goods. Being subject to plant quarantine imported for use as food, made according to a form provided in Appendix Ia to this Circular.( Note: according circular .30/2017/TT-BNNPTNT dated 29 Dec 2017). ”
2. A copy or an original of the Phytosanitary Certificate issued by a competent plant quarantine body of the exporting country.
If the applicant submits the copy, the original must be submitted before the consignment is issued with the Phytosanitary Certificate for import, transit and inland transport.
3. An original or a certified true copy of the Phytosanitary Certificate for import (if necessary).
Article 7. Procedure for quarantine of imported plants
1. Application for plant quarantine
The applicant shall submit directly 01 application for quarantine of imported plants to a plant quarantine body.
2. Receipt and examination of application
Plant quarantine bodies are responsible for receiving and examining the conformity of the application according to the regulation. If the application is not satisfactory, the quarantine body shall request the applicant to complete the application;
3. Examination on the articles
Based on the result of the examination of the application, the plant quarantine body shall decide the location and appoint officials to examine the consignment in the following order:
a) Preliminary examination
The examining officials shall examine the outside of the consignment, the package, means of conveyance; examine chinks and crevices where pests may hide; collect the insects that move around or stick on the consignment.
b) Detailed examination
The examining officials shall examine the inside of the consignment and collect samples according to QCVN 01-141:2013/BNNPTNT National technical regulation on methods of sampling; collect the articles presenting the symptoms of disease and pests; analyze the collected samples and pests.