Regarding imported fruits, Currently, Vietnam imports goods from many countries. These include Apple, Grapes, pear, Cherry (cherry), pomegranate…… from US, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, South Africa … In order to import such product, enterprise should implement procedure as below
- Circular No. 30/2014 / TT-BNNPTNT
- Circular No. 33/2014 / TT-BNNPTNT
- Circular No. 24/2017 / TT-BNNPTNT (replacing Decision No. 2515 / QD-BNN-BVTV)2.
Step 1: Checking the import list
First of all, businesses need to check whether the fruit products they are preparing to import have been allowed to import into Vietnam from the exporting country. This information can be checked on the website of the Plant Protection Department: www.ppd.gov.vn
Step 2: Application for plant quarantine
If the fruit product is allowed to be imported into Vietnam from the exporting country, it is necessary to determine whether the item is subject to a plant translation license.
List of the item is subject to a plant translation license is under Circular 30/2014 / TT-BNNPTNT. Fruit, nuts and seeds will need to apply for a plant quarantine before being imported.
Therefore, enterprises need to prepare a dossier for phytosanitary license before returning goods.
- An application form for plant quarantine. made according to the form in Appendix I to Circular No. 33/2014 / TT-BNNPTNT or the plant quarantine registration certificate and food safety inspection, for goods. Being subject to plant quarantine imported for use as food, made according to a form provided in Appendix Ia to this Circular.( Note: according circular .30/2017/TT-BNNPTNT dated 29 Dec 2017). “
- A copy or an original of the Phytosanitary Certificate issued by a competent plant quarantine body of the exporting country.
If the applicant submits the copy, the original must be submitted before the consignment is issued with the Phytosanitary Certificate for import, transit and inland transport.
- An original or a certified true copy of the Phytosanitary Certificate for import (if necessary).
Step 3: Register and do plant quarantine at the import border gate
- Register online plant quarantine on 1-door system www.vnsw.gov.vn.
Enterprises will pay e the following costs to clear imported fruit shipments:
- Customs service fees
- Fees for obtaining imported plant quarantine permits
- Plant quarantine fee + food safety inspection