According to Decree No. 15/2018 / ND-CP dated February 2, 2018, Vietnamese and foreign organizations and individuals that produce or sell foods in Vietnam; organizations and individuals whose operation involve food safety in Vietnam must carry out the Procedures for Self-Product declaration and Procedures for registration of product declaration before manufacturing or trading.
Type of food shall be made Product self-declaration:
- Pre-packaged processed foods
- Food additives
- Food processing aids
- Food containers
- Primary packages
Procedure of product self-declaration for food
Application for registration of the product self-declaration and Procedures for registration of the product self-declaration shall be specified at article 5 at Decree no.15/2018/NĐ-CP.
- The self-declaration form (Form No. 01 in Appendix I hereof);
- Original copy or certified true copy of the food safety data sheet
– The self-declaration shall be posted through mass media or the producer’s website or premises;
– 01 copy of the self-declaration shall be submitted, directly or by post, to regulatory authority
-The receiving authority shall post the self-declaration and the product names therein on its website.
– When the self-declaration is submitted, the supplier has right to produce and sell the product and take full responsibility for the safety of such product;
– Self-declaration documents must be written in Vietnamese language; if documents in other languages must be translated into Vietnamese language and notarized)