Products that come in direct contact with food can easily be found in the kitchens of every family, from the cup, to the chopsticks, etc. The conformity of food contacting products is essential because If these products do not meet the quality standards, they will greatly affect the health of users through contact with food during processing and use. In this article we take a look at the Legal Basis for the conformity of the following food contact products:
Pursuant to legal implementation of conformity of food contact products:
- Food Safety Law No. 55/2010 / QH12,
- Decree 38/2012 / ND-CP detailing a number of food safety laws
- Circular 19/2012 / TT-BYT on Guidance on conformity announcement and announcement of food safety regulations
- Circular No. 34/2011 / TT-BYT of August 30, 2011 of the Ministry of Health promulgating national technical standards on hygiene and safety for packaging and tools directly exposed to food
- National technical regulation QCVN 12-1: 2011 / BYT on hygiene and safety for plastic packages and tools that directly contact products
- National technical regulation QCVN 12-2: 2011 / BYT on hygiene and safety for packaging and tools that come in direct contact with rubber food
- National technical regulation QCVN 12-3: 2011 / BYT on hygiene and safety for packaging and tools that come in direct contact with metal food
- Circular No. 35/2015 / TT-BYT promulgating VSAT national technical regulations for packaging, tools made of glass, ceramic, porcelain and enamel in direct contact with food
- QCVN 12-4: 2015 / BYT National technical standards on hygiene and safety for packaging, tools made of glass, ceramic, porcelain and enamel in direct contact with food
- Decree 80/2013 / ND-CP stipulating penalties for administrative violations in the field of standards, measurement and product and goods quality.
Food contact products must be announced conformity:
According to the regulations on the announcement of food contact products, it is mandatory to publish with the following products, the products shall be divided by product groups, specifically:
Tools and packaging containing food:
- Packaging of synthetic plastic, PE, paper, metal containing food
- Cups, chopsticks, bowls, made of ceramic, glass, glazed, plastic, or metal paper, …
- Set of knives, scissors, spoon, fork, patch, food tongs
- Pots and pans made of metal, glass, ceramic, glazed, ..
- Food containers made of plastic, metal, glass, ceramic, glazed, ..
- Lunch box
- Drinking glasses with plastic, paper, metal, glass, ceramics, enamel, ..
- Drinking water bottles with plastic, metal, glass, ceramics, enamel, ..
- Plastic, metal, plastic, and metal cutting boards
- Molds for making cakes, making ice cream, making yogurt, making jelly, sticky rice, rice balls, shushi, ice, dumplings, …
- Types of jars, boxes, bottles, spice jars
- Types of candy and jam trays …
Food processing equipment and tools:
- Fruit and vegetable juice presses
- Electric hot pot
- Pressure cooker
- Oven, baking tray, grill
- Orange squeezer
- Soy milk maker
- Household ice cream machine
- Yogurt making machine
- Tools for peeling, slicing, chopping, grating pure vegetables
- Boiler mixer, egg whisk
- Types of large, mini bakeries in the family
- Baking aids: dough rolling, dough cutting, doughing, egg whisking, dough filling, chocolate spraying …
- Plastic gloves
- Types of machines for making soda, making tea, making coffee
- Various types of tools for making pasta, vermicelli, bread soup, bread in the family
On 05 April 2018, MOH issued Circular 05/2018/TT-BYT Promulgating list of foodstuffs, food additives, food processing support substances and tools and materials for containing and storing foodstuffs subject to specialized management by the Ministry of Health. It is possible to identify goods codes according to Vietnam’s List of Import and Export Goods issued together with Circular No. 65/2017 / TT-BTC dated June 27, 2017.
Please see list of list of foodstuffs, food additives, food processing support substances and tools and materials for containing and storing foodstuffs here.
Check at Order number 9: Tools and packaging materials containing food