Question: How to make proposal to determine the origin of goods ? What is the procedure?
1. Legal basis:
– Article 3 Circular 38/2018 / TT-BTC;
– Clause 11, Article 1 of Decree 59/2018 / ND-CP.
-An application form for prior identification of origin with information prescribed in form no.01/CT/XDTXX/GSQL provided in Appendix I issued thereto;
– Declaration of materials, supplies for goods production including the following information: description of goods, HS code, origin of materials and supplies, CIF or equivalent prices of materials and supplies provided by the producer or exporter: 01 copy;
-A preliminary description of production process or a Certificate of Analyst issued by the producer: 01 copy;
-A catalogue or pictures of goods: 01 copy
– Send the application for prior determination of origin to the General Department of Customs through the Customs electronic data processing system.
– Or send directly to the General Department of Customs.
4. Handling time:
– Within 05 working days from the day on which the application is received, the General Department of Customs shall issue a written refusal to pre-determine the code, origin and customs value and send it to organizations or individuals in case of no eligible conditions, dossiers for prior determination of codes, origins, customs values or goods stated in applications for prior determination of codes, origins and values awaiting handling results of housing management agencies the country or goods stated in the application for pre-determination of codes already have written instructions on codes of state management agencies;
– The General Director of Customs shall issue a written notification of the result of pre-determination of code, origin and customs value within 30 days from the date of receipt of the complete application file (for ordinary cases) or 60 days from the date of receipt of a complete application file (for complicated cases requiring verification or clarification). The notice of result of pre-determination of code, origin and customs value is sent to organizations and individuals, and updated to the database of the customs authority and published on the website of General Department of Customs.