Import of kid toys must meet the following regulations:
Pursuant to Article 9 of Circular 28/2014 / TT-BVHTTDL dated December 31, 2014 of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism stipulating:
“Article 9. Children’s toys
- Must be 100% new; unused.
- Quality assurance in accordance with the national technical regulation on toy safety under the provisions of Circular No. 18/2009 / TT-BKHCN of June 26, 2009 of the Ministry of Science and Technology National technical regulation on toy safety – QCVN 3: 2009 / BKHCN.
- Having contents, forms, designs and features that are not harmful to education, develop personality, pose no danger or affect children’s health, do not violate the provisions of Article 6 of this Circular.
Toys that meet the above conditions are allowed to be imported into Vietnam. Import procedures are carried out at the customs office ”.
According to the above provisions, imported children’s toys must ensure the content and form factors, in addition, they must be certified as conformable before being circulated on the market.
In Circular 09/2019 / TT-BKHCN:
“Article 3. Transitional provisions
Children toys circulated on the domestic market shall comply with the provisions of the Minister of Science and Technology’s Circular No. 18/2009 / TT-BKHCN of June 26, 2009, promulgating and implementing ” National technical regulation on toy safety ”before December 31, 2020 continues to be circulated on the market until the end of December 31, 2021.
Article 4. Roadmap of application
- From January 1, 2021, imported and home-made children’s toys must meet the requirements specified in Section 2 of QCVN 03: 2019 / BKHCN before being circulated on the market.
- Enterprises, organizations and individuals are encouraged to produce, import and play toys for children to apply the provisions of QCVN 3: 2019 / BKHCN from the effective date of this Circular. “
Accordingly, at present, children’s toys are still subject to the QCVN 3: 2009 / BKHCN. National technical standards on children’s toys safety are issued by the Ministry of Science and Technology. From 01/01/2021 onwards, businesses must comply with QCVN 03: 2019 / BKHCN.