On December 31, 2019, the Ministry of Construction issued Circular No. 19/2019 / TT-BXD promulgating national technical regulation on products and goods of construction materials bearing the code QCVN 16: 2019 / BXD. Circular 19/2019 / TT-BXD completely replaces Circular 10/2017 / TT-BXD. Therefore, from July 1, 2020, organizations and individuals that produce or import the following construction materials goods need to carry out conformity certification according to QCVN 16: 2019 / BXD.
According to QCVN 16:2019/BXD, Products of construction materials subject to conformity certification include:
|Name of Product||HS code|
|Cement, additives for cement and concrete|
|Portland portland cement|
|Portland cement mixture||2523.29.90|
|Portland cement durable sun Phat||2523.29.90|
|Portland cement mixture durable sulfate||2523.29.90|
|Phosphorus plaster is used to produce cement||2520.10.00|
|Blast furnace slag||2618.00.00|
|Aggregates for concrete and mortar||2505.10.00|
|Sand grinding for concrete and mortar||2517.10.00|
|Tiles, paving stone|
|Natural paving stone||2515.12.20|
|Artificial paving stone on the basis of organic binders||6810.19.90|
|Burnt clay bricks||6904.10.00|
|Autoclaved aerated concrete products||6810.99.00|
|Hollow precast concrete wall panels with extrusion technology||6810.91.00|
|Flat tempered glass||7007.19.90|
|Laminated glass and laminated safety glass||7007.29.90|
|Insulated glass box||7008.00.00|
|Other construction materials|
|Asbestos-cement corrugated sheets||6811.40.10|
|Asbestos crizine to produce asbestos-cement corrugated sheets||2524.90.00|
|Plasterboard and Gypsum panel with reinforced fibers||6809.11.00|
|(d) Condition for storage of samples before testing: temperature (27 ± 2) ° C and relative humidity (65 ± 5)% ..|
|Wall emulsion paint||3209.10.90|
|Aluminum profile bar and aluminum alloy||7604.29.90|
|Non-flexible plastic (profile) profiles (PVC-U) for making windows and doors||3916.20.20|
|Types of pipes|
|Polyethylene pipes and fittings (PE) used for water supply and drainage purposes||3917.21.00|
|Polypropylene plastic pipes and fittings (PP) for water supply and drainage purposes||3917.22.00|
|Unplasticized polyvinyl chloride pipes and fittings (PVC-U) for water supply and drainage purposes||3917.23.00|
|Plastic pipes and fittings (PVC-U; PP; PE) into structures used for underground drainage purposes under non-pressure conditions||3917.21.00|
|Glass fiber reinforced thermoplastic piping system based on unsaturated polyester resin (GRP) used in pressure and non-pressure water supply||3917.29.25|
Provisions on conformity certification of construction materials:
Products and goods of construction materials must be declared conformable with technical regulations based on the conformity certification results of the conformity certification Organization designated or recognized by the Ministry of Construction. ( Click link for list of organizations)
The certification of conformity of domestically produced and imported construction materials complies with:
– Circular No. 28/2012 / TT-BKHCN dated 12/12/2012 providing for announcement of standard conformity, announcement of standard conformity and methods of assessing conformity with standards and technical regulations
– Circular 02/2017 / TT-BKHCN dated March 31, 2017 amending and supplementing a number of articles of Circular No. 28/2012 / TT-BKHCN dated December 12, 2012 of the Ministry of Science and Technology
-Circular No. 19/2019 / TT-BXD dated December 31, 2019, issuing QCVN 16: 2019 / BXD.
-QCVN 16: 2019 / BXD – National technical regulation on products and goods for construction materials
Modes of conformity certification of construction materials:
Method 1: Typical sample test.
The validity of Certificate of Conformity according to mode 1 does not exceed 01 year and monitors through testing of samples every time of import.
The certificate of conformity is valid only for the type and type of product that is sampled for testing.
This method applies to imported products manufactured by overseas manufacturing facilities that have developed a quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001.
Method 5: Typical sample testing and assessment of production process; monitoring through testing of samples taken at the production site or in the market in conjunction with evaluating the production process.
The validity of the Certificate of Conformity according to method 5 is not more than 03 years and supervised annually through testing of samples at the production site or in the market in combination with evaluating the production process.
This method applies to products manufactured by domestic or foreign production establishments that have established and maintained a stable quality management system according to ISO 9001.
Method 7: Testing and evaluating lots of products and goods
Certificate of conformity according to mode 7 is valid only for lots of products and goods.
Regulations on announcing the conformity of construction materials
After the enterprise obtains certification of conformity for construction material, the enterprise must announce the conformity. Procedures for conformity announcement of construction materials are carried out at the Local Department of Construction. The process of announcing the conformity of construction materials is as follows:
Step 1: Implementation of certificate of conformity of construction materials
Step 2: Complete the dossier of declaration of conformity. Profile include:
- Notarized business license
- Certificate of conformity and notarized appendix
- Announcement of conformity of construction materials
- Application for announcement of conformity
- Some other records required by the Department of Construction
Step 3: Submit documents to be announced at Department of Construction
Step 4: Receive the conformity announcement: After 5 days of submission, the enterprise will receive a declaration of conformity of construction materials of the Department of Construction.
Announcement of conformity of construction materials is carried out according to:
- Circular No. 28/2012 / TT-BKHCN dated 12/12/2012 providing for announcement of standard conformity, announcement of standard conformity and methods of assessing conformity with standards and technical regulations
- Circular 02/2017 / TT-BKHCN dated March 31, 2017 amending and supplementing a number of articles of Circular No. 28/2012 / TT-BKHCN dated December 12, 2012 of the Ministry of Science and Technology,
Specifically as follows :
Typical sampling methods, specifications, and sample volumes
- The typical sampling method complies with the provisions of the current national standard of sampling methods and preparation of test samples for the respective product.
- Typical sample sizes and weights for each batch of products comply with the provisions of Table 1, Part 2 of QCVN 16: 2019 / BXD, corresponding to each type of product.
- Regulations on packaging, labeling, transportation and storage of construction materials
- Products and goods of construction materials must be labeled in accordance with the Government’s Decree No. 43/2017 / ND-CP of April 14, 2017 on goods labels.
- Regulations on packaging (for products in packages, packages, boxes), transportation and storage are set out in the standards for that product.
- Exemption and reduction of quality control of imported construction materials
Applying the measure of exemption or reduction of quality inspection of imported Group 2 goods according to the provisions of Clause 3, Article 1 of the Government’s Decree No. 74/2018 / ND-CP of May 15, 2018
For imported goods with the same name, utility, brand, type, specifications of the same manufacturer, origin from the same importer, after 03 consecutive importations, If there are results of conformity assessment of this standard certified by the Ministry of Construction, they will be exempt from quality inspection within 02 years.
The importer, when having a request for exemption or reduction of inspection, prepares 01 set of application for inspection exemption or reduction according to Clause 3 Article 4 of Decree No. 154/2018 / ND-CP and sends to the Department of Science and Technology and Environment – Ministry of Construction to review and confirm the exemption.
Within the period of exemption from or reduction of inspection of imported goods quality: Every 3 months, the importing unit must report on the import situation together with evaluation results in conformity with national technical regulations and announced standards. Applicable to Department of Science, Technology and Environment – Ministry of Construction and local Department of Construction to monitor and perform post-inspection.